Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Peach Buzz

I just recently learned that I live in the Peach District, a 4 by 5ish block-sized neighborhood burrowed between OSU's South campus and Victorian Village between Neil and N. High St. Over the past year or so, the neighborhood has been steadily establishing a fresh, interactive artistic community, starting with the simple act of naming the would-be ambiguous, mostly residential area.

As of Friday January 8th, Peach people kicked off The Greatest Show on Earth, a series of Friday night shows and events featuring local artists, bands, comedians, film viewings, DJs, and more. The concerts and shows are concentrated in the Dragonfly Neo-V gallery space at King and Neil Avenue.

Why is it called the Peach District? Some people seem bothered by the fact that no one really knows. We think it's just peachy. See you next Friday.

Image: View of Dragonfly Neo-V Space, from The Peach District Blog

-Leigh Lotocki, Social Media Assistant at the OSU Urban Arts Space

2 Comments:

Anonymous link wheels said...

Interesting place....

January 11, 2010 at 12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want not concur on it. I regard as nice post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to read the intact story.

January 13, 2010 at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home